Board position Treasurer
The IDYP network is a reliable leader in the community through which young professionals working, studying, or interested in international development can build their networks, skills, and knowledge in order to contribute to the continued strength of NZ’s ID community.
The role for Treasurer is a voluntary position and is suitable to take on alongside full-time work. You would be working as Treasurer as part of the Management Committee of IDYP which is led by seven other young professionals each with different roles.
IDYP is looking for someone who is passionate about international development, is proactive, and a team player. Our Management Committee is made up of young professionals from diverse sectors involved in international development including business, government, and non-government organisations.
Responsibilities for TREASURER:
● Oversee the financial administration of IDYP
● Review procedures and financial reporting
● Advise the Management Committee on financial strategy
● Advise on fundraising
● Manages cash flow
● Develop a working knowledge of the laws governing IDYP’s operation
● Ensure the Management Committee understands its financial obligations
● Submit annual financial report to the Charities Register and the NZ Companies Office if required.
● Prepare financial statements to be approved by Management Committee and then presented at annual AGM for member approval.
All Management Committee members should :
● Be passionate about international development
● Seek new members and work to maintain current membership.
● Be open to input, opinions and new ideas.
● Greet members at meetings and make them feel welcome.
● Prepare for new leaders at end of the term, including reserving ample time for mentoring.
● Recognise fellow Management Committee members for achievement and commitment.
How to Apply
Please express your interest in this position along with your CV to [email protected]
373 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here