The Workshop is an exciting new women-led start-up reframing the public and policy conversation in Aotearoa New Zealand to build better systems for better lives. New Zealand can be country where all people thrive. Our mission is to make that happen. We do this by helping experts and advocates translate the best research and evidence on social and environmental issues into effective communications that build support for the solutions that will work.
One of the ways we do this is through our unique evidence-based communication trainings. These trainings include Common Cause trainings on value-based communications, and specialised workshops on effectively communicating complex issues like poverty, climate change and criminal justice.
Demand for our trainings has outstripped our capacity, so we are looking for an experienced trainer and facilitator to join us on a part-time, fixed term contract role. As Trainer for The Workshop, you will deliver our training workshops in evidence-based communications, and manage logistics, marketing and communications for those training workshops.
This role might be just right for you if you care about a better, fairer future for New Zealand, and want the flexibility of a part-time contract role that enables you to contribute to that future. You will be interested in how to best communicate evidence, but we’ll provide on the job training in the curriculum, so you don’t need to be an expert in the topic.
You’ll need to be able and willing to travel within New Zealand to deliver trainings, and you’ll probably be someone who gets energised by spending the day with a room full of interesting and interested people who care about improving lives and our environment.
As well as being an experienced trainer and facilitator, this role will suit you if you enjoy setting up and maintaining excellent processes for administering and managing trainings, including ticket sales, booking venues, arranging catering and post-training evaluations.
About the role
The responsibilities of this part-time contractor role include:
– Being trained (on the job, paid) to deliver our training workshops.
– Delivering trainings in evidence-led communications including travel in New Zealand.
– Administration and management of our training program (e.g. tracking ticket sales, booking venues, catering, organising technology for presentations etc)
– Marketing and communications for our training (e.g. emails to our mailing list about upcoming trainings, logistical emails with people who have registered for training, and follow-up emails including evaluation)
– Proactively following up with people who have been through the training, and following leads for further work (whether training, consulting or research).
– Identifying and training more trainers so that the training program can be scaled up.
Location: Our office is in Webb St, Wellington but we are open to candidates based in other centres.
Hours: This is a part-time, fixed term contract from October 2019 until December 2020. Initially, we are able to guarantee 40 hours per month. If the training program sustains or grows, this contract term could be extended and/or hours could increase by mutual agreement.
Hourly rate: $50.00 per hour (initially 40 hours per month, may increase by mutual agreement)
1143 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here