Full-Time Team Leader Veterinary Technicians
Our dream is to ignite a Zoo revolution. Wellington Zoo is a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals – within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. It is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home. The Nest Te Kōhanga is a unique part of the Wellington Zoo’s offer to our community and it provides our visitors with unrestricted viewing of our Veterinary team in action.
We currently have an exciting position for a Team Leader Veterinary Technicians to join our team at The Nest Te Kōhanga on a permanent full time basis.
The Team Leader Veterinary Technicians is a senior role within the veterinary team providing the highest level of health care, monitoring, and husbandry of a broad range of animals from Wellington Zoo and wildlife. The position is responsible for the day to day supervision of the Veterinary Technicians and support of the Veterinarians.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
• A current Veterinary Technician qualification that is recognised in New Zealand
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a zoo or similar environment
• Extensive knowledge in nursing, husbandry and management in a zoo or similar
• Capability in assisting in the teaching and training of Veterinary Technicians
• High level ability to effectively communicate and interact at all levels
• High level ability to coordinate, plan and make optimum use of time and
• Demonstrated ability to think clearly and coordinate resources when under
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and confidence in engaging with our visitors whilst
performing veterinary procedures
225 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here