Full-Time Team Leader
Are you looking to make a difference in people’s lives? Lead an enthusiastic and passionate team in improving people’s health? Then please read on.
We have a significant role for a Team Leader to join DISC Trust (The Rodger Wright Centre) at this exciting time in the sector’s development. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be an enthusiastic and empathetic person with strong people management skills. Just as important is to have compassion for the sector, and if this is drawn from your own life experiences then this is a plus. This is a 35-hour week role.
DISC Trust is based in Christchurch and exists because of the belief that every person has the right to the access of clean injecting equipment and effective, non-judgmental harm reduction advice. As part of a highly successful network of organisations, DISC Trust has been part of the significant reduction of HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C nationwide.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the Regional Manager to effectively manage operations across the city and New Brighton branches, including financial oversight to ensure that they function within allocated budgets and meet sales service standards
- Implementing plans to ensure that DISC achieves its safety objectives and continues to support the PWID community
- Supervise and support team members, ensuring that new staff are effectively orientated into the organisation
- Assist the Regional Manager with regard to Ministry of Health contractual obligations, ensuring that regular reports are submitted to the Ministry
- Management of stock, stock takes and building maintenance
What will you bring?
- A compassion for the PWID community and a commitment to their health and wellbeing
- The ability to provide effective leadership, with an open and honest communication style and solid interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and address conflict issues positively
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong work ethic and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- An understanding of the principles of health promotion, harm reduction and community development
- Experience of financial processes is desirable
- Knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi and a strong cultural awareness
- The chance to be part of a Canterbury and NZ wide success story
- Have an impact and make a difference
- People oriented, non-judgemental organisation
- Friendly and passionate team
- Competitive remuneration package
Please apply now to register your interest. For a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny at EQ Consultants on 021 223 5118.
252 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here