Full-Time Sustainability Officer
Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a Sustainability Officer who can inspire and embed long-term behaviour change within our community and our organisation.
* Do you have a collaborative working style and can you influence others?
* Have you got a good understanding of environmental issues and innovative ways local government can help address them?
If the answers are yes, this role may be for you!
Our team has been raising the profile of environmental issues and the importance of living and acting more sustainably. We need to maintain our presence in the community and continue to deliver projects from our Sustainability Strategy. We also need to influence and create awareness about opportunities to improve our own operational activities.
This is mainly a hands-on role where you’ll be working with Council staff, schools, community groups and other organisations day-to-day. You’ll be part of a small and dedicated team who are also responsible for reviewing the Sustainability Strategy. There will be an opportunity for you to input into the review to ensure we are focussing on the right issues.
Key responsibilities in this broad role include:
* Building strong networks and relationships to build resiliency and improve outcomes for the community and the organisation
* Managing projects from the Sustainability Strategy and educating others about sustainable living
* Developing educational material and championing programmes that will increase sustainable behaviours
* Promoting and administering funds and contracts
* Providing advice to inform the development of policy and strategy, as required.
If you love working with others and want to make a real difference in our community, apply now!
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
659 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here