Part-Time Social Worker in School
Strathmore School and office in Porirua
• 20 hours per week
Family Works is a not-for-profit service providing child & family services in the lower half of the North Island. We provide a wide range of social services that build on the strengths and resources a person or family already possess. Our services including needs assessments, social work, counselling, therapy and life-skills and parenting courses.
As a Social Worker in Schools, you will:
• Be based in the school environment
• Work one-on-one with children (aged 5 – 12 years) and their whanau
• Provide early intervention and preventative social work
• Develop and facilitate preventative programmes within schools to meet students needs
• Actively promote the Social Worker in Schools role within the local community
Skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• A qualification as a Social Worker (SWRB registered or working towards registration).
• Experience working with children
• Familiarity with working in culturally diverse environments
• The ability to network within the community
• A NZ driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
What’s on offer?
• Ongoing training and professional development
• A great team culture
• Knowledge that you’re making a difference in the community
309 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here