Full-Time Social Worker
Are you a Social Worker looking for a chance to grow and broaden your skills?
HELP’s 24-hour crisis response service provides counselling, advocacy, information and support to women, young people, children, and families who have experienced sexual abuse/sexual assault and rape, either recently or in the past. Our service includes supporting clients through police procedures, medical and court processes.
Our Crisis Team is looking for a qualified Social Worker to work alongside our clinical team to provide specialised social work support services to survivors of sexual harm of all ages.
This is a full time role based in Mt Eden, Auckland.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in social services and registration with the NZ Social Work Registration Board
• Provide survivors with culturally appropriate, goal-focused therapeutic interventions
• Provide care coordination ensuring clients are involved fully in decision making related to their care
• At least 2 years’ experience as a social worker in NZ, involving working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual harm
• Knowledge of crisis intervention strategies, trauma processes, grief and loss issues, mental health disorders
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy.
• A commitment to working in a team environment and in multi-disciplinary situations
• An excellent understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Tikanga Maori
• Able to speak a Pacific Island language and an understanding of Pacific culture is preferable
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• Full, Clean and Current NZ Driver’s Licence
All applicants will be subjected to police vetting checks.
410 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here