Contract Social Impact Coordinator
Social Impact Nelson Tasman is looking for a part-time contractor to help drive and develop social enterprise in the region.
Social Impact Nelson Tasman is a virtual hub that aims to be a solutions connector and collaboration coordinator within the region as part of a nation-wide social enterprise hub coordinated by Ākina Foundation.
This will initially be a 3-month role to undertake a needs assessment within the region and to assess and support opportunities to get for-profit and not-for-profit social impact businesses up and on the right path and support established social enterprises. Depending upon outcomes, there is a chance to continue working on the social enterprise after the initial 3-months.
This is a multi-faceted role, and a day can range from networking to analysing research to office administration work.
The role is 20 hours per week (flexible) for a period of three months.
• Experience working with or volunteering for a not-for-profit organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have effective event management skills
• Experience in securing funding
• Experience in research and strategy formulation
• Excellent ICT skills including word, excel and social media
• A background in sales, marketing, fundraising, event management and/or small business desirable but not essential.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
• Development of a sustainability strategy to support ongoing financial viability.
• Secure funding through grants, contracts, in-kind support, service delivery and/or partnerships.
• Development of a regional Social Enterprise needs assessment and gap analysis.
• Assessment of social enterprise opportunities and any “quick wins”.
• Identification of opportunities to partner with local businesses.
• Increase awareness of the benefits of social enterprise and help profile and promote local and national examples.
• Community engagement, networking, event management and promotion.
• Develop positive and collaborative working relationships and partnerships.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
981 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here