Part-Time Shelter Team Leader
Cats Protection Wellington has two exciting opportunities within our Kingston-based shelter.
We are a volunteer-based organisation whose values are squarely based around ensuring that we can bring a happy, healthy life and a new home to as many homeless domestic cats as possible.
We are looking to employ two enthusiastic people to share the day-to-day running of our 7day-a-week shelter as Team Leaders. As these are newly developed roles they are initially for a set term of 2 years. Both roles are 4 days a week at 30 hours each, and each includes one weekend day.
As part of the role you will be leading a team of volunteers every morning to ensure the shelter is kept at an exceptional level of cleanliness and ensuring that the wellbeing of our cats is well maintained, including the administration of any medications that are required.
Your afternoons will be spent on tasks including but not limited to:
• Managing our incoming cats waiting list
• Coordination of our foster programme
• Stock management
• Hosting potential cat adoptees
• Transporting cats to and from the weekly vet visits.
You will bring the following experience to the table:
• Empathy towards animals and people
• Experience and confidence in handling cats and administering medications
• An understanding of common normal and abnormal cat health issues
• Ability to work effectively with others (a team player)
• Excellent communication skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Applicants must own their own vehicle suitable for transporting cats to the vet appointments. Industry standard milage allowance will be paid.
573 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here