Full-Time Senior Policy Analyst
- Are you a gifted policy analyst?
- Do you love staying up to date with the latest evidence and practices?
- Are you a phenomenal writer who delivers compelling, persuasive and accurate copy?
- Do you have a track record of developing easily accessible submissions and position statements that contribute to real change?
- Do you have a knack for building alliances and positive stakeholder relationships to gain buy-in for shared policy outcomes and sustainable change?
If you answered yes to all these questions, we have a role for you!
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
The MHF is looking an experienced policy analyst to join our policy and advocacy team and build alliances with Māori, including iwi leaders and kaupapa Māori non-government organisations (NGOs) and providers, as well as with government, other NGOs, research and academic communities and other advocacy groups.
You’ll work across our teams and with other stakeholders to develop evidence-based, lived-experience informed, policy, submissions, position statements and advocacy communications.
You will have:
- Minimum of four years’ experience as a policy analyst in either government or NGOs.
- Knowledge of te reo Māori and te ao Māori
- Thought leadership experience in public health, social policy or related areas.
- Proven track record of strong relationship building skills.
- Experience working on mental health issues in either the mental health sector, education, social development or other relevant sectors.
- Experience working with government and government departments.
- An understanding of how to combine the influence of Māori, Pasifika, lived experience and community voices as well as other decision-makers to achieve shared outcomes.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga – trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate’s skills and experience for the role.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the expertise of people with experience of mental illness – tangata whaiora – and we are an Equal Opportunity employer.
The location of this role is flexible. The MHF office is based in Mt Eden, Auckland. This role reports to the Policy and Advocacy Manager, who works remotely from Wellington.
Please complete this BambooHR application if you wish to apply: https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=62
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
Applications will be reviewed upon completion on a rolling basis.
Closing date for this role will close on 4th February 2022 at 5pm.
338 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here