Full-Time Senior Health and Safety Advisor
• Develop and implement the nationwide H&S strategy
• Pivotal member of a busy, fast paced and fun HR environment
• Based in central Wellington
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Senior Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of the organisation’s 2500 employees, 1600 volunteers and contractors, across over 150 locations nationwide.
Key accountabilities include developing and implementing H&S strategies; developing and maintaining H&S systems, policies and injury prevention initiatives that minimise risk, and ensuring they are fit for purpose and comply with legislation; delivering H&S training; managing the injury rehabilitation process and developing and distributing H&S communications and newsletters.
My client’s operations are broad and as such your internal customers will be diverse, with varying H&S requirements. There are strong foundations in place, but there is plenty of scope to add value using your H&S experience to ensure the organisation is operating in the safest, most efficient, effective and best practice manner.
This is a pivotal role to both the HR team and wider organisation, and will provide you with the opportunity to work with a wide variety of interesting, talented and highly committed professionals.
• A proven track record in a similar position
• An understanding of strategic H&S issues
• An appropriate tertiary qualification relevant to H&S
• Strong research and report writing skills
• A collaborative approach with exceptional relationship management skills
• Team player
• Superior communication, problem solving and analytical capabilities coupled with sound judgement
• High level of initiative with effective planning, project co-ordination and organisational abilities
654 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here