Contract Senior Designer/Mātanga Kaiwhakatauira
ĀKAU strives to empower taitamariki (young people) around Aotearoa to become connected, creative learners. We help taitamariki recognize and harness the creativity of their tupuna by involving them in tangible projects that have real impact for taitamariki, their whānau and their community.
This role is for an experienced designer to primarily help develop community design projects alongside the ĀKAU team and taitamariki that we engage with. The successful person will have a high-level of design conceptualisation and the ability to deliver a variety of projects independently through to a completed tangible outcome.
Within this role the successful person will also be required to tautoko and upskill less experienced members of the team, as well as contribute to the development of the professionals network and the kaupapa overall as required.
We engage taitamariki in the design of our projects, this designer will need to be passionate about developing taitamariki concepts through to completion. We see this as a mutually beneficial process where we learn from each other for the benefit of the kaupapa! Other design objectives include:
• Project Manage a range of projects
• Ensure design outputs are to a high standard
• Provide regular in office support
• Create project presentation material
• Ensuring all ĀKAU outputs are to a high design standard – social media, website, promotional material, summary documents, Proposals
• Contribute to Architectural projects through the ĀKAU Studio
• Responsible for communicating with clients and onsite liaison
• Creating new Kaiako Kete resources
• Providing design inspiration for ĀKAU Kaimahi
• Support ĀKAU Leaders! (our young design leaders) to increase their design, technical and project-related skills.
• Mahitahi! Work collaboratively with our team as well as our extended whanau.
• A commitment to improve matauranga and practice of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga.
03 ĀKAU Professionals Network and Programmes
• Contribute to the development of the ĀKAU Network and programmes which is a new concept to connect creative professionals with community projects around Aotearoa.
• Help develop system of communication to professionals
577 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here