• Interesting and intellectually stimulating work
• Autonomy, variety and the opportunity to stamp your mark
• Based in Wellington CBD
The Podiatrists Board is the regulator for Podiatrists. They protect the public interest by registering Podiatrists, setting standards, ensuring compliance with those standards, and acting where there are concerns.
The Registrar is responsible for fulfilling the duties of a Registrar under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 and providing effective management and administrative services to the Board to ensure that the organisational and statutory goals are met.
Key responsibilities include providing effective support to the Board, maintaining regular contact with registered practitioners relating to standards of practice, ensuring registrations and annual practising certificates are processed efficiently and an accurate register is maintained. You will also oversee the effective operation of the Board’s administrative function and activities and establish positive working relationships with a wide and varied range of stakeholders.
This is a role that will offer interesting, varied and challenging work with a high degree of autonomy. As only the second Registrar of the Board, there will also be plenty of opportunity to shape the role, enhance systems and processes, and stamp your mark.
• Experience in working with/servicing governance boards or committees
• Demonstrated experience of managing within a professional setting
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written material
• Sound knowledge of policy development
• Ability to interpret and advise on legislation
• Sound judgement and integrity in all decisions and actions
• Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
• Ability to translate strategic direction as determined by the Board into successful operational initiatives
• Effectively manages time and demonstrates a proactive and disciplined approach to planning and work prioritisation
• A tertiary qualification in a relevant business discipline. A law degree would be advantageous
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 3 June 2020
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
526 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here