Full-Time Registered Architect
ĀKAU is an architecture and design studio with a vision to create thriving communities around Aotearoa. To us, this is where every young person has a purpose, a voice, and meaningful participation. We create opportunities for youth to be involved in the design of REAL projects in their community. Through involving youth in real design and architecture projects we are teaching our future leaders how to think creatively and innovatively about how they want their communities to be and empowering them to make real positive social change themselves. This also strengthens our architecture and design projects as the outcomes are more relevant, contextual and authentic.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Registered Architect to join the ĀKAU Auckland team based in New Lynn. They will work in a tight (and awesome!) team environment and be involved in projects from concept design through to construction documentation and site observation/ contract administration.
Our Registered Architect will preferably have a minimum of 5 years experience working on New Zealand Architecture projects across the full range of project stages. They will be a self-motivated individual with leadership abilities who is confident leading Architecture projects as well as mentoring other people.
Communication skills and a positive character are a must as our Registered Architect will be liaising with consultants, clients, council and other ĀKAU staff. This role will include mentoring graduate architects & interns. In-depth knowledge of REVIT is also essential.
Occasionally this role will involve travel to Northland for project meetings, staff training on workshop facilitation or to deliver design workshops to taitamariki or community groups. An understanding of tikanga Māori and Te Reo Māori is advantageous.
This position reports directly to Felicity Brenchley. Relationships with clients and contractors are important as are relationships with other ĀKAU staff, ĀKAU taitamariki & trustees.
– Client meetings
– Architectural project design & documentation
– Architectural specification writing
– Site observation/ contract administration
– Liaising with consultants
– Supervising architectural documentation undertaken by graduate architects
– Mentoring graduate architects & interns
– REVIT technical support/ training for other staff
OUR REGISTERED ARCHITECT HAS:
– BArch or MArch qualification
– NZRAB Architects Registration
– REVIT expertise
– Experience in, or passion to develop Te Ao Māori knowledge
– Alignment to the ĀKAU kaupapa
– Positive character!
– Innovative approach to problem solving
– Strong design skills
– Shows leadership potential
– Good communication & teamwork
– Trustworthy/ reliable
– Good time management
– NZ Resident or valid work visa
– Full Clean NZ License and reliable vehicle/transport to get to work
– NB: Applicants will be subject to NZ Police Vetting in line with ‘Vulnerable Children’s legislation’
TERMS OF CONTRACT:
The position is anticipated to commence in July 2018 but this is negotiable for the right candidate. It is a full time role (37.5 hrs per week) and is subject to a three month trial period. Remuneration will be determined based on level of experience and there is opportunity for career advancement within the Studio.
This role will be based out of the ĀKAU office in New Lynn, Auckland, with some travel required to Northland. All work-related travel to Northland will be paid for by ĀKAU.
753 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here