Part-Time Recovery Promoter
Small steps can make a world of difference!
Progress to Health’s ultimate aim is to create communities without barriers by being flexible, inclusive, responsive and passionate with the services we offer.
Do you care about recovery-focussed mental health support for people? Then you might just be one of the people we are looking for.
Do the following make sense to you?
• Creating a level playing field
• Being relationship based
• Using the ‘lightest touch’
• Contributing to community strengthening/manaakitanga
• Being person driven/tino rangatiratanga
• Everyday lives in everyday places for everyone
The Right Person for This Role:
• Have proven experience with working in the mental health support sector.
• Can develop trusting and productive relationships with people using the service
• Take a non-judgmental approach
• Proactively link people to opportunities which support them to work towards and achieve their personal aspirations
• Will have lived experience.
If this is you, then you:
• Can demonstrate an understanding of mental health issues, stigma, discrimination and how they impact on a person’s quality of life.
• Have a positive attitude and respect toward all people.
• Understand the three principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
• Are computer literate (Office 365 and a client management system)
• Have a current driver’s license and first aid certificate.
• Have Level 4, NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Mental Health and Addictions) or equivalent and/or proven track record and willing to study.
By joining our team, you will find yourself working with people to ensure they have real choices, can plan their own futures with tailored tools and have the skills to navigate their own road maps to create brighter futures for themselves, their whanau and their communities.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who reflects our values. Your ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and make sound judgement calls will be a given.
We will provide you with a supportive, fully resourced yet flexible working environment filled with the passionate people, we proudly call our team.
776 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here