Full-Time Procurement Specialist
• Take ownership of The Salvation Army’s procurement activities
• Newly created position
• Based in Cuba Street, Wellington – home of café culture
The Salvation Army is a world-wide evangelical Christian church and human service provider that assists over 140,000 New Zealanders every year providing a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres, hostels, addiction treatment centres and a hospice.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Procurement Specialist will assist in delivering optimum value for money within The Salvation Army to meet strategic business objectives by providing procurement, contract management and administrative support.
Four key areas of responsibility are procurement, fleet management (fleet of 650 owned and leased vehicles), insurance and contract administration.
This is not just a ‘tick box’ procurement position; it is highly relational and as such we are looking for someone who takes a collaborative approach and can build and maintain exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all aspects of procurement, including contracting and tendering
• Proven ability to deliver savings
• Superior communication, problem solving and negotiation capabilities
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Ability to recognise and suggest improved ways of doing things
• A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
• A relevant qualification is desirable
508 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here