Full-Time Principal Support Officer
Come and join the country’s largest education union and work for NZEI Te Riu Roa, in a role with a specific focus on supporting primary and area school principals.
We need someone who can play an important role in the work and campaigns of NZEI throughout the South Island, with a particular focus on recruiting, organising and supporting primary, area school and intermediate school principals. This may include providing advocacy on behalf of individual principals. The position also involves some recruitment and organising of members in all sectors of NZEI membership.
The role includes:
• Encouraging, supporting and organising principal members to be active in NZEI campaigns
• Recruiting new members and supporting recruitment programmes
• Providing industrial and professional advice and support
• Strategic planning and applying activities in the field, showing understanding of campaign and sector goals
• Assisting with membership education
• Maintaining regular contact with members
• Organising and running meetings and training
• Maintaining effective working relationships with member leaders and representatives on NZEI groups
• Travel within the region
You need to have:
• An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of primary principals, including an understanding of the challenges faced by them
• Good knowledge of contemporary education sector issues.
• High level communication skills.
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under time and other pressures.
• Computer skills appropriate to the position.
• An understanding of and a commitment to the principles of organising and to the union movement
• A current driver’s licence.
NZEI Te Riu Roa represents 47,000 primary and area school principals and teachers, early childhood teachers, specialist education and advisory staff, early childhood and school support staff. It is committed to high quality public education and to the application of the Treaty of Waitangi.
A full job description is available on our web site: www.nzei.org.nz/jobs or contact Sue Braggins at [email protected]
The position is based in the NZEI Christchurch Office.
Professional development and support will be provided
How to Apply
Applications in confidence should be addressed to Vacancies, PO Box 466, Wellington 6140, or by email to [email protected] with “PSO” in the subject line.
Applications close at 5pm, Thursday 28th June 2018
723 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here