Full-Time Planned Giving Coordinator – Major Gifts
• Exciting new role – lead an effective major gifts programme
• Unique experience to make a positive impact in communities across Aotearoa
• Plenty of opportunity for continuing professional development
Part of the international Red Cross Red Crescent Movement based in Geneva, New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
New Zealand Red Cross is here for good – good people doing good things and encouraging others to do good too. From responding to natural disasters to helping former refugees, first aid training to support programs in your neighbourhood, retail shops to international aid workers, we have a key role in inspiring and enabling people to act with understanding and kindness, to do good and make a difference in others’ lives.
Reporting to the Direct Marketing Manager and working with a team of professional fundraisers, your focus will be twofold; further developing and successfully implementing the Major Gifts Programme for New Zealand Red Cross, and stewarding and strengthening the relationship with a portfolio of high value individual supporters through the establishment of thoughtfully tailored giving plans that meet their needs.
You will be a good communicator with brilliant listening skills. You will have a proven track record of fundraising success and will demonstrate maturity, flexibility and an inquisitive nature. We are looking for someone who has exceptional interpersonal and organisation skills as you will need to manage and prioritise a diverse range of donor relationships throughout the year. Needless to say, your empathy for humanitarian causes will go far here.
This role offers plenty of scope to add your mark and use your creativity to shape the programme as you see fit. It is a pivotal role for New Zealand Red Cross and one in which you will be working with a wide variety of interesting, talented and highly committed professionals.
• A good understanding and knowledge of the principles of fundraising within the charitable sector and a proven ability to achieve financial targets
• Familiarity with the donor development process
• Ability to develop and successfully deliver a programme of work
• Effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
• Exceptional relationship management abilities
• Lateral, innovative and creative thinking
• Superior communication and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Due to the nature of the role, flexibility to work outside normal office hours will be required
How to Apply
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
837 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here