Full-Time People and Capability Advisor
HR generalists with a background in recruitment will thrive in the position, which sees a unique mix of strategy and operations, within a key advisory role.
- Expert in the design and implementation of HR policies?
- Broad knowledge across recruitment, HR, and H&S.
- Reporting to the GM – Shared Services.
Ko wai mātou – Who we are
Trust Tairāwhiti www.trusttairawhiti.nz is the regional development Trust for Tairāwhiti – formerly known as ECT (Eastland Community Trust). The Trust was created in 1993 to assist in the development of a more positive, prosperous, and attractive community. In 2015, Activate Tairāwhiti was launched to lead local economic development and help Tairāwhiti businesses create more employment opportunities.
Trust Tairāwhiti brings the community, Trust and economic development agency together under one roof, to better assist the wellbeing of people, the success of businesses, and the future of the region. Committed to developing meaningful and authentic relationships with all key regional partners – iwi, whānau, hapū, community, industry, business, and employers, central and local government agencies, the Trust collaborates with other funders and partners to enhance its impact.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga – The nature of the position
The position of People and Capability Advisor acts as a trusted Advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team. The strategic focus of the position is the provision of HR guidance, advice, support, and operationally, it is focused on identifying, initiating, and delivering solutions across all aspects of attraction and retention, and for growing internal people capabilities. Providing leaders with high quality people advice and thought leadership, to enhance business performance, you will be working in conjunction with the GM Shared Services, to ensure all necessary HR policies and processes are in place. Embedding core people initiatives and processes, this will include recruitment, onboarding, performance frameworks, and remuneration reviews. The People and Capability Advisor will also take the lead in training, team and individual development, rewards, recognition, have experience with engagement tools.
Developing HR data and reporting metrics for the Senior Leadership Team, you will ensure key workforce data is understood and monitored as you deliver on the Trusts people strategy; and you will design and facilitate the delivery of bespoke initiatives, policies, and processes to drive business performance and employee engagement. Owning the Trusts recruitment portfolio, you will manage the attraction of new talent, expertly navigating the end-to-end recruitment and onboarding process. Building strong and trusted relationships with the Trust leaders, you will seek to enable critical and reflective thinking, influencing, and encouraging ownership of people leadership issues; whilst taking a lead role in the support of leadership capability providing coaching and acting as an advocate for broader leadership development programs.
Taking a highly proactive approach to all you do; this role will also require you to advise on and support health & safety and wellbeing initiatives.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako – Essential skills/experiences for the role
A relevant tertiary qualification will be highly regarded, and advantageous to selection, however in lieu of formal qualifications, applicants with extensive experience in HR and recruitment will be welcomed.
Experience, skills, and knowledge required for application include;
- Extensive senior HR advisory experience within commercial environments.
- Experience designing and implementing people initiatives, policies, and processes.
- Up to date knowledge of NZ employment legislation – its interpretation and application.
- Experienced in employee compensation, human resources compliance, labour relations and employee training/development.
- Skilled in analysing problems, diagnosing issues, and proposing solutions.
- Superior writing skills, a track record in producing high quality written material, onboarding documents and training packages
- An understanding and active use of Te Reo me ōna tikanga.
- Personal confidence to engage with managers and employees to help influence and achieve key business outcomes.
- An ability to work independently and self-manage your workflow, priorities, and deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge of NZ Health, Safety and Wellbeing practices.
- The capability to work collaboratively and to develop and maintain effective relationships.
With knowledge of emerging HR and recruitment trends both here and overseas, you will be cognisant of the unique Covid environment we are all now navigating, and how this is affecting the world of talent attraction and HR.
Remuneration is positioned to attract highly experienced individuals, with a strong cultural competency.
Te tono – How to apply:
To apply or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to [email protected]
Please Note: Trust Tairāwhiti requires new employees and other newly contracted workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications close: Wednesday 29th June 2022 at 5pm.
448 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here