Part-Time OuterSpaces Coordinator
Are you passionate about making a difference in other people’s lives?
Do you want to empower others to be their best?
OuterSpaces Charitable Trust/Te Kete o Te Kāhui is the umbrella organisation in Wellington which brings together sexuality and gender diverse youth support initiatives including School’s Out, Tranzform and Naming New Zealand. OuterSpaces is a meeting ground, a place of joint work and support. We have been providing support for sexuality and gender diverse young people for nearly twenty years. OuterSpaces Charitable Trust is a living wage employer. Our vision is universal respect for, and celebration of, sexuality, body and gender diversity. http://outerspaces.org.nz
The OuterSpaces Board is seeking a part time Volunteer Co-ordinator to provide support to the board of trustees and manage group facilitators and events. The core function of this role is to provide liaison, guidance and organisation to our volunteers. Quality systems, structures and relationships implemented and maintained by the Outerspaces Coordinator allow our volunteers to focus on running groups safely and effectively to support young people.
This is a 10-18 hour per week position (to be negotiated) for a fixed term of 12 months. If you are interested in being part of creating safe, celebratory spaces for young people, please apply to be part of the OuterSpaces team.
Our ideal applicant will have:
· Identification with the sexuality and gender diverse or ‘rainbow’ community
· Commitment to advocating for sexuality and gender diverse young people
· Commitment to working within the Treaty of Waitangi, understanding of partnership
· Understanding of youth development and strengths-based practice
· Knowledge and experience of supporting and motivating people
· Proven people management/volunteer management skills; a relationship builder
· Self-motivated and self-responsible: able to manage own time and workload, and to ask for support where needed
· Be passionately committed to delivering excellent client services and overcoming the social inequalities associated with diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and sex characteristics.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Sound financial and computer literacy skills
927 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here