Full-Time National Humanitarian Development Manager
Red Cross is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position provides leadership to geographically dispersed and mobile staff. A key focus will be on transitioning the organisation to a more sustainable model, with a clear focus and point of difference in the community. The position also has a national scope, including ownership and leadership of national portfolios.
In this role, you will:
* Lead a review of local programmes to ensure they have a focus on NZRC’s agreed humanitarian priorities (Community Resilience, Disaster Risk Management, International, Migration) aimed at building community resilience
* Take leadership for agreed national portfolio/s that contribute to the cohesive growth and focus of NZRC nationally
* Lead the delivery of local activities that reduce vulnerability, build community resilience, enhance human dignity and make the best use of available resources
* Support NZRC’s response to disasters through engagement with Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups and taking on coordination or liaison roles as required, or supporting team members to take on such responsibility
* Act as the liaison or connect for the ELT on local matters
* Act as the key escalation point for higher level operational issues (above the Humanitarian Services Coordinator delegation or capacity) requiring resolution by area councils, staff and members as required.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
* Significant experience in building partnerships with a range of stakeholders – both internally and externally
* Demonstrated success in working alongside volunteer leaders in a member based organisation to drive collaborative outcomes
* Proven experience in a large not-for-profit or service delivery organisation, with a good understanding of the internal and external environments for such organisations in New Zealand
* A successful track record of leadership in large NGO humanitarian service delivery or similar environments, ideally working with vulnerable groups and/or international aid and development and/or community development/resilience and/or disaster readiness, response or recovery
* An articulate and passionate communicator able to influence and build good relationships with a wide range of audiences using a variety of media.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Shaun Greaves at New Zealand Red Cross (04) 471 8250
605 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here