Full-Time Matanga Kohi Raraunga | Data Collection Specialist – Tauranga
Matanga Kohi Raraunga | Data Collection Specialist – Tauranga
Do you enjoy interacting with people from all ‘walks of life’? Want a meaningful role? Enjoy getting out and about along with the flexibility and variety of having work from home options?
- In this permanent full-time position offering 37.5 hours per week, your hours will generally be from Sunday – Friday, 5 days a week between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm.
- Future opportunity to incorporate a mix of some rostered work and some flexible working hours (including some weekends and evenings).
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $ 47,461 + superannuation
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
Te tūnga | The role
As a Data Collection Specialist, you will report to a Team Leader Data Collection and work in close partnership with other Data Collection teams, to build relationships with the business and social communities of Aotearoa, enabling collection of data from all types of respondents via their channel of choice. The role is about providing a great user experience for respondents – one that builds trust, is seamless, convenient, safe and recognises their contribution to Aotearoa.
The role has two key components. Firstly, it involves visiting selected households to conduct face-to-face interviews. The second requires calling or e-mailing selected businesses and/or households to conduct interviews via a channel of their choice and provide precontact support. We will set you up to work from home, and provide you with the equipment, training, and on-going support you need to succeed and remain safe while carrying out your work.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., whanau, church, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following information in your cover letter and CV relating to:
- You will have access to fast and reliable internet service at home, which will be used for work-related activity
- Have a current and full driver’s licence and a reliable road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Strong customer focus, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to work at times that suit survey participants, which may include evenings and weekends
- Attention to detail and high-quality output
- Knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Develop knowledge of local areas and connection to different social, cultural, or business groups
- Digital and technical literacy and good time management skills
- Collaborates effectively with other teams, self-motivated, and keen to develop new skills
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
86 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here