Part-Time Matanga Kohi Raraunga | Data Collection Specialist – Coromandel/Hauraki Plains
Matanga Kohi Raraunga | Data Collection Specialist – Coromandel/Hauraki Plains
Do you enjoy interacting with people from all ‘walks of life’? Want a meaningful role? Enjoy getting out and about along with the flexibility and variety of having work from home options.
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Permanent Part Time
- Enjoy getting out for a role with flexibility and a variety of having work from home options
- Control your hours to suit your life with a guaranteed minimum of 37.5 hours per fortnight
- Flexible working hours including some weekends and evenings
Salary: $24.34 per hour
Te tūnga | The role
As a Data Collection Specialist, you will report to a Team Leader Data Collection and work in close partnership with other Data Collection teams, to build relationships with the business and social communities of Aotearoa, enabling collection of data from all types of respondents via their channel of choice. The role is about providing a great user experience for respondents – one that builds trust, is seamless, convenient, safe and recognises their contribution to Aotearoa.
The role has two key components. Firstly, it involves visiting selected households to conduct face-to-face interviews. The second requires calling or e-mailing selected businesses and/or households to conduct interviews via a channel of their choice and provide precontact support. We will set you up to work from home, and provide you with the equipment, training, and on-going support you need to succeed and remain safe while carrying out your work.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., whanau, church, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- You will have access to fast and reliable internet service at home, which will be used for work-related activity
- Have a current and full driver’s licence and a reliable road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Strong customer focus, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to work at times that suit survey participants, which may include evenings and weekends
- Attention to detail and high-quality output
- Supports and applies knowledge of Te Reo Māori and tikanga and build knowledge of Te Ao Māori
- Develop knowledge of local areas and connection to different social, cultural, or business groups
- Digital and technical literacy and good time management skills
- Collaborates effectively with other teams, self-motivated, and keen to develop new skills
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We realise we’re asking you to submit a cover letter and CV that encourages you to be you! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability.
Please reach out to Mon Prakash to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at [email protected].
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to [email protected]
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
131 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here