Voluntary Maramarua St John First Responder
Volunteering with St John is a commitment, but one which is immensely rewarding. In return for the time you invest in us and in your community, we offer you NZQA recognised training from the leading provider of pre-hospital emergency care in the country!
We need First Responders to join our volunteer team based in Maramarua. First Responders are trained and equipped to the same high standard as frontline ambulance officers, but with more flexibility around hours.
St John will provide successful volunteers with training to First Responder level; all volunteers do have the opportunity to later apply to progress toward gaining their National Diploma in Ambulance.
What do you need to be a volunteer?
• A full and clean NZ driver’s licence for at least 12 months or have completed an approved NZTA advanced driving course (if full licence held for less than 12 months)
• 18 years of age or over
• New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status
• Clean Police record
• Pass the St John assessment requirements (physical, interview, literacy/numeracy test)
• Pass pre-employment drug screening and health questionnaire
Key requirements are:
• A desire to help people in need
• Have a positive outlook
• An appreciation of different cultures
• A compassionate and caring nature
• A motivated approach to learning and training
• Be trustworthy and reliable
• Good time management and communication skills, both written and oral
Please note All appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, drug testing, physical assessment and health check.
If you think you have what it takes to become a First Responder volunteer we want to hear from you.
133 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here