Full-Time Director of Stakeholder & Community Development (New Zealand)
Are you ready for something more?
Be Collective is a digital platform for mobilising goodwill. We’re a place for action, helping our community and realising positive social impact both individually and collectively. We enable people and organisations to do what they can, when they can. We’re here to make the world a better place and bring out the best in people, businesses, government, educational institutions and not-for-profits, by connecting those providing volunteer opportunities with those that want to help. Along the way, we help foster employment pathways, activate citizenship, support individuals to showcase their volunteering through our unique verified Social CV, and enable organisations to demonstrate and articulate their Social Impact. Our team all believe in the power of community. It’s why giving is intrinsic to our team culture, and why people stick around.
We’re looking for a Wellington-based Director of Stakeholder & Community Development to Lead a small, passionate team pioneering innovative digital infrastructure to re-shape communities and impact across New Zealand. The Director of Stakeholder & Community Development will build on the fantastic momentum and great progress we have made in New Zealand and drive new energy and expertise into our operations. Working closely with the Founder & Director, and managing a Team of Community Development Managers, the Director of Stakeholder & Community Development will be responsible for promotion, management, rollout and uptake of Be Collective across various stakeholder groups from large businesses and governments to NFPs and education institutions. While maintaining a focus on the direct benefit Be Collective can bring to organisations, you will be an outside the box thinker who understands this opportunity to create systemic change that empowers and betters community. It’s a strategic and hands-on role that requires a well networked and passionate and effective leader who really knows how to collaborate and listen. You will need to understand diverse organisational needs across sectors and processes and identify opportunities and strategies for growth. We’re looking for an agile self-starter with a personal passion for driving social change and motivating a team of people with the same.
1. Stakeholder Development – actively promote Be Collective by building awareness, adoption and continued use of the platform by all stakeholders including but not limited to individuals, government, NGOs/NFPs, business, education providers and community groups.
2. Lead, direct and drive strategic efforts to achieve recruitment targets by approaching and signing-up new organisations and stakeholder groups.
3. Manage a Team of Community Development Managers.
4. Supporting the on-boarding process and assisting with the development and delivery of the communications and outputs associated with the change management process.
5. Be an active participant of the Be Collective International team and collaborate to solve client problems, deliver feedback offered by stakeholders and promote the continuous evolution of Be Collective.
6. Advocate for Be Collective by presenting the platform to all levels and sectors of the community and organisations, demonstrate features and functionality; prioritise the user experience to ensure the platform is understood.
7. Promoting the platform, wherever possible, with a view to establishing it as the most widely used community, social and environmental engagement tool within New Zealand.
8. Identify key participants and prioritise customer partnerships and engagement.
9. Effectively manage the operational activities of Be Collective New Zealand in consultation with the management of Be Collective International.
10. Identify and execute on opportunities for Be Collective to participate in public bidding process (e.g.: Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, Tenders).
Established senior networks within corporate, NGO and other philanthropic organisations in New Zealand.
Significant experience working with not-for-profits, government, social/philanthropic organisations.
Experience working within Māori and Pasifika communities, both regionally and nationally, would be an advantage.
A solid understanding of the digital space and comfort around quickly becoming an expert on Be Collective’s technology platform.
Experience developing, motivating and managing teams.
Experience supporting people and organisations through change management.
Experience engaging and relating to individuals and groups from all walks of life.
Experience with creating campaigns or events through use of sound project management methodologies.
Comfortable speaking publicly and presenting to groups, and within panel discussions.
Confidence, ability and experience in representing organisations both commercially and through media.
Interest in the community sector – Deeply passionate about making a positive difference in our communities and enabling others to do the same.
An agile and flexible approach – Be able to take responsibility for urgent or strategic activities that fall outside of normal business hours.
Efficient, Motivated and Organised – Great time management skills, ability to multitask and handle pressure.
Be Collective is part of WE Australia, a group of innovative social and commercial enterprises.
975 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here