Full-Time Manager of Auckland Deaf Society
Manager of Auckland Deaf Society
Are you an experienced leader with proven skills in governance, driving strategy development, and managing operations and financial performance?
We’re looking for someone to oversee Auckland Deaf Society. You’d be responsible for leading our strategic vision for the local community of Deaf people and New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) users. You’d achieve this through steering opportunities that engage and strengthen this community, and promoting and preserving one of New Zealand’s official languages, NZSL. Our office is based in Auckland.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Ability to apply visionary thinking to community programme development,
commercial opportunities, fundraising and organisational development.
Key requirements include:
• A personal philosophy and business ethic that is compatible with the mission and values of Auckland Deaf Society.
• Proficiency in or willingness to learn New Zealand Sign Language and Deaf culture.
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate skilled professional staff and grow a team culture.
• Ability to apply best business and leadership practices to the management of the organisation.
• Ability to make sound business judgements based on information at hand and appropriate assumptions and business models.
• Rigorous analytical abilities and creative problem solving skills.
• The right to work in New Zealand.
• A post-graduate degree or evidence of continued professional development.
Since 1937, Auckland Deaf Society has been a welcoming space for the Deaf/NZSL community. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people at all stages of life and of all ethnicities. Deaf, hard of hearing, differently-abled and hearing people come together to create connection and inclusion for the Deaf Community of Auckland. We promote NZSL and Deaf culture. People interested in learning NZSL are welcomed and supported as they explore our language, culture and community.
How to Apply
Find out more at: http://auckland-deaf.org.nz/
Think you’re a great fit for the role? Make sure to apply by Friday 31 May!
For any queries about the role, please email [email protected].
226 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here