Full-Time Key Worker / Social Worker
Key Worker/Social Worker
• Looking for an exciting opportunity to be involved in leading edge/innovative programme?
• Are you driven to make a difference in people’s lives?
• Have you got experience with people who are homeless and/ or in mental health or addiction services?
Housing First is an exciting new collaborative programme which provides housing and wrap around supports to people experiencing long-term homelessness in Christchurch. The goal of the programme is to end homelessness in Christchurch by 2020 by working closely with other NGOs who are all thriving for the same goal.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Housing First Christchurch you will work alongside people who are homeless to assist them into permanent housing of their choice. You will also provide ongoing support as they establish themselves and reintegrate back into the community ensuring they are linked into the right external agencies for suitable interventions.
You will have extraordinary inter-personal skills, patience and empathy to build trusting relationships with the Housing First participants, their whānau and external agencies to support them build a positive future.
You will be employed by one of the participating agencies in the initiative and will work in the multi-disciplinary Housing First Team which includes key workers, a housing specialist and people with lived experience of homelessness.
• The opportunity to make an impact, not only now but future generations
• Collaboration and support from Senior Leadership
• Knowing that you are making a difference in your community
• Support in your own professional development
• Huge variety of work you will be exposed to
• We are a fun and passionate team
Who we are looking for:
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Patience, compassion and sensitivity to persons with experience of long-term homelessness
• Relevant qualification or experience in mental health or addictions
• Knowledge of local mental health and/ or addiction services and/or support organisations for people who are homeless
• Strong skills in working collaboratively across organisations and in complex organisational structures
• Knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori and experience of working in a kaupapa Māori framework
• Flexible availability to be able to respond outside usual office hours.
If you have passion, energy and experience to assist people to uncover and unleash their strengths by working with and walking alongside them then we would love to hear from you today.
To request a full job description, please email [email protected]
Please note all applications will require a NZ Full cleans Drivers licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Sunday 18th August 2019, 5:00pm
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and CV by Sunday 18th August at 5:00pm.
For full Job description and Advertisement please contact [email protected]
235 total views, 10 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here