Contract Kaiwhakahaere takiwā | Area Manager – 2023 Census – Manurewa ki Papakura
Mō mātou |About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
As an Area Manager you’ll be an operational leader, supporting a team of up to 12 or more team leaders and 115 Census Collectors and ensuring that your team are well provisioned, trained and supported to do their job and contribute to the best possible count in terms of increased participation and data quality for the 2023 Census.
Your connection to your local area in this case Auckland South – Manurewa ki Papakura means you’ll have a solid understanding to its characteristics, geography and the challenges your teams may face, therefore; a solid area plan will be a key piece of work that you’ll undertake when you join us. With high levels of autonomy, you’ll be able to make decisions in this dynamic environment and draw on your lived experiences to pivot when things don’t go to plan. It’s crucial that this role connects the day-to-day operation to the strategic direction and that all staff feel included, empowered to do their job and know that their health, safety and wellbeing is crucial to a successful census for Aotearoa.
A typical day during our operational period will see you bringing your Team Leaders together in the morning to discuss task priorities for the day. You’ll cover health, safety and wellbeing, overall progress of your area to timeframes and discussing ad hoc challenges and wins that the collectors are experiencing on the ground. To support your staff, you’ll lead opportunities to speak at events within your area, or lead challenging conversations when issues arise, with the support from your peers and your Regional Manager.
Starting salary: $85,955 – $101,124 plus a higher duties allowance during operational periods.
This is a fixed term contract from June 2022 until June 2023.
Mōu | About you
There is no one size fits all for this role. We’re looking for a highly transferable skill set that sees you working closely with teams, on the ground in a fast-paced environment. Your ability to connect with the hearts and minds of your people will give you the ability to take people on a journey and build strong working relationships, across your team and in the community.
- An open and engaged approach, inclusive and collaborative style and the desire to serve your team and your community.
- A background in leading people and teams in the workplace and /or the Community.
- Have demonstrated strong and effective organisational skills.
- Confident in using a range of Microsoft products.
- A proven ability to strategize and operationalise plans.
- An assured communicator, both written and orally.
- Working alongside our Community Engagement team.
- Understanding the complexity and cultural diversity of Tikanga Maori and Pasifika communities through use of language and cultural knowledge
- A commitment to understanding Te Ao Māori world view, in order to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities.
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balancing life and work commitments
- An environment that’s safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- 3 departmental leave days (usually taken over Christmas office closure)
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career.
- Health and wellbeing support.
90 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here