Contract Kaitātari Māramatanga | Insights Analyst – Census Insights
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $76,571 – $90,084 + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs (either Christchurch or Wellington)
Te tūnga | The role
Reporting to either the Managers of the Needs and Analysis, Analysis Operations, or Products and Services teams, you’ll be passionate, interested and knowledgeable about social statistics and ideally census data, and the value it provides our customers including, but not limited to, central government, councils, community groups, iwi and Māori communities, and business.
You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple parts of the data and statistics production process. You could be responsible for understanding and defining customer and data quality needs, analysing and assessing the quality of the 2023 Census data, or providing insight to the census data by sharing it in various products and services. As a part of your role, you will work with teams within the Census Programme and across Stats NZ. You will also mentor and give guidance to other analysts in the team.
We are recruiting for fixed term multiple opportunities from now and ending in 2024 (April or June approximately)
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you’ve demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you’ve built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you’ve demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Examples where you’ve shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other’s behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you’ve demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Desire to apply your customer research skills to all aspects of our business process from data need to validation and testing, to data delivery
- Have strong demonstrated analytical skills, and a talent for telling meaningful stories with data
- Familiarity with R, Power BI and SQL would be advantageous
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, good time management skills, and ability to adapt and respond to new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as you’ll need to work with a range of stakeholders
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to us at [email protected] to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if you have any questions
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes. You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
230 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here