Contract Kaitāritari Hoahoa | Design Analyst, Field Design (Fixed Term until June 2023)
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $76,571.00 – $90,084.00 + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
It’s an exciting time to join Stats NZ as the 2023 Census programme journey is well underway.
You’ll be joining a dedicated operations team tasked with supporting census field staff. You’ll be reporting to the Manager of Field Methods and Design and your role will see you providing clear and timely process advice, analysis insights, and intelligence. We are committed to implementing approaches that improve the participation and engagement of Māori.
The roles complement the current team by focusing on; analysis and monitoring; communications and information management; process design, build and support.
There is plenty to do! Come and make a difference to every person in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you’ve demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you’ve built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you’ve demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Examples where you’ve shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other’s behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you’ve demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Learn and support the implementation of the many business processes, approaches and systems that make up a large data collection operation
- Apply your analytical skills and initiative on unique challenges
- Work closely with our other wider internal support team including; operational intelligence, provisions and logistics, recruitment, IT, privacy and Health and Safety, data quality
- Demonstration of mātauranga Māori, fluency in te reo, understanding of tikanga and applying Te Tiriti o Waitangi in a work setting.
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Via our career page
92 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here