Part-Time IWI & CO-GOVERNANCE ADVISOR
Looking to progress your career, but also wanting to live life to the full? Then Taupō District Council is the place for you!
WHO ARE WE? KO WAI MĀTOU?
Taupō District Council is a progressive organisation committed to becoming the best we can be, and we are looking for people who share our dedication to excellence and continuous improvement. We’re looking for great people to join us who want to be part of something exciting – striving to be the best Council in Aotearoa! Guided by values of uniting, connecting & delivering, we recognise that together we can help create a bright future for our District & the communities we serve.
ABOUT THE ROLE – NGĀ ĀHUATANGA O TE TŪRANGA
In this brand-new role, you will provide specialist advice and support across the Iwi and Co-Governance team portfolio of work and projects. Our Iwi & Co-Governance Advisor will also work alongside Council’s Policy team to incorporate a Māori perspective when developing/reviewing Council policies, and enable input and participation by Iwi partners, hapū and Māori.
The role will co-ordinate and contribute to a range of projects within the Iwi & Co-Governance team and the wider Council. Specific streams of work will include:
- Development & implementation of a te reo Māori policy and cultural competency framework
- Advising elected members and staff on Council’s obligations to Māori as per relevant statutes.
- Advising Council regarding its obligations as required by respective Treaty settlement legislation
- Assisting with the development of policies and strategies relating to the range of Council functions with consideration of Māori perspectives & the appropriate engagement process.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR – KEI TE KIMI MĀTOU I TĒNEI MOMO TANGATA
We’re looking for someone with outstanding research, analysis & report writing skills. You’ll be knowledgeable of Tūwharetoa kawa and tikanga with an understanding of the RMA, LGA and Te Ture Whenua Māori Act. You’ll have demonstrated experience working with Māori, be conversant in good practice iwi/hapū/Māori engagement process and:
- Have great oral & written presentation skills
- Be an exceptional communicator
- Have facilitation skills & experience
- Be highly organised!
WHAT WE OFFER – NGĀ ĀHUATANGA KEI A MĀTOU
People who live and work here say they find the work life balance exceptional with ample opportunity to get out and about in our wonderful environment and enjoy a healthy, active, lifestyle.
When you join us, you can look forward to a rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and supportive work environment. We do this through:
- Strong focus on employee health, wellness, and wellbeing
- Flexible work environment
- Assistance with ongoing professional development
- Positive health and safety culture
- Skills development programmes across different functional jobs; and
- A supportive and social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
If you are motivated by making real, positive change and passionate about delivering innovative solutions, apply now!
CLOSING DATE: 8 July 2022 or when the vacancy is filled.
180 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here