Internship IT Internship
The Greenpeace New Zealand office is based in Mt Eden, Auckland. There are around 110 staff members in the office and up to 5 interns at any one time. All our interns will work closely with a manager or assigned staff member who has experience and vital skills that you will learn. We expect a high standard of commitment, professionalism and a positive attitude from our interns. In return we organise a workstation, regular catch-ups with members of the IT department and the opportunity for professional development. Your manager will meet you when you first start to discuss your learning requirements and the skills you would like to attain for future employment. Our internships are between 4 -5 months and are unpaid, voluntary positions. This internship is a minimum of 3 days a week however we are flexible with the hours.
The IT Intern’s primary role is to provide high quality 1st and 2nd line support to users of varying IT literacy. This includes installing, maintaining, and upgrading PC/laptop hardware, in a Microsoft Windows 7 and Ubuntu Linux environment, and hardware/software fault diagnosis and resolution. There is also scope to contribute ideas for improvements to the LAN environment, and assist with IT infrastructure projects.
* Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to meet Service Level Expectations.
* Monitor network activity using tools provided.
* Assess the need for, and implement, hardware upgrades to PC’s and laptops (e.g. hard drives, RAM). Collaborate with the IT Manager to ensure efficient operation of the desktop computing environment.
* Use the IT Support Desk system to receive and track IT Support requests.
* Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
* Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
* Fluent English
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong problem solving logic
* Sound technical knowledge of desktop hardware and software, Windows 7 and
* Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components
* Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
* Ability to complete assigned tasks to a high standard
* Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
* Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
Helpful Additional Experience:
* Knowledge of, and experience using, programming languages such as Visual Basic, .Net and web development tools
* Installing and configuring Ubuntu and Linux applications
* An understanding of network infrastructure component
How to Apply
Please apply following this link – https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GREENPEACEANZ&cws=37&rid=156
Please upload a cover letter and CV that covers these points
* What interests you about the role?
* With reference to the position description, what skills and experience do you think you could bring to it?
* Any IT/Technical personal projects you have worked on
634 total views, 1 today