Full-Time International Programmes Coordinator
International Programmes Coordinator
Christian World Service (CWS) is seeking an experienced aid and development practitioner to support CWS’s global partners to address poverty, respond to natural disasters, challenge injustice, and build movements for positive change.
CWS is the justice, aid and development agency of New Zealand Churches. It works with local partners in developing countries and provides assistance when disasters strike. CWS advocates for action on poverty, peace and justice. It respects and responds to need regardless of race or religion. CWS does not have overseas-based staff. CWS supports local people to undertake their own development programmes as they are best placed to identify needs and strategies. CWS’s international programme currently comprises 20 diverse local partner organisations in the Pacific, Asia, Africa, The Middle East, and Central America.
CWS’s vision: A world free of poverty and injustice.
CWS’s mission: New Zealanders partnering with communities to transform lives.
Current strategic priorities include:
- Strengthening Pacific partnerships to improve social justice in Pacific Island Countries
- Encouraging stability, and facilitating increased capacity amongst CWS’s partner network
- Exploring the opportunities and impact of increased localisation with partners
- Addressing global challenges as they affect our partners and their communities
- Maintaining best practice in CWS’s development and humanitarian engagements
- Bringing CWS’s unique church understanding and contacts, and its gender justice and environment lenses to its engagement with partners and their programmes.
The ideal person will be eligible to work within New Zealand and have:
- A tertiary degree in Development Studies or equivalent international development experience or learning.
- Experience in emergency response – a recognised qualification in emergency response would be desirable.
- Great communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Some in-country development experience would be desirable.
- An ability to travel overseas and within New Zealand
- Familiarity with current New Zealand government funding schemes and writing successful applications to them.
CWS is open to flexible working arrangements. This position is based in Christchurch, and may be part-time or full time, within the range 0.6 FTE to 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours), to suit the preference of the successful candidate.
This is an opportunity to make a lasting difference for some of the poorest and most marginalised people of our world. CWS is an inclusive workplace, and we welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
How to Apply
Job description and further information can be obtained from the Administration Co-ordinator: [email protected] and/or phone 03 366 9274 Ext 704. Applications are due by 5pm on Monday 16 August 2021
227 total views, 10 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here