Part-Time Human Relations Manager (20 hours per week)
Playcentre has held a unique place in the New Zealand Early Childhood Education sector for more than 75 years. It operates as a parent co-operative, with more than 470 centres nationally. Playcentre philosophy is based on child-initiated play and recognises parents as the first and best educators of their own children.
The focus of the Human Relations Manager will be to provide strategic and operational advice to support change, organisational development and human resources practices, as Playcentre works through the amalgamation process to form a new national body, Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa – Playcentre Aotearoa.
You will contribute to the design of the new HR function and will develop the organisation’s HR policies and practices including recruitment and retention, employee relations, remuneration, health & safety, performance management, HR information systems and reporting, and the professional learning development framework. You will have four direct reports.
The successful candidate will have:
– Relevant tertiary qualification(s) or the equivalent industry experience
– Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a team
– Extensive experience in generalist HR practice and several areas of deep expertise
– Sound knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation
– Experience turning strategic plans into operational activities
– Ability to research, analyse and use information to develop solutions
– Excellent communications skills and the ability to build effective relationships
– Knowledge and understanding of te ao Maori and/or experience working in a bicultural organisation/Te Tiriti based relationship
Some understanding of Playcentre and values that align with Playcentre philosophy
This role will suit someone who wants to make a real difference within a long established NZ community organisation. You will have the flexibility of working from home and will work around 20 hours per week. Some weekend work and national travel may be required.
3075 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here