Part-Time HR Administrator
Forest and Bird is New Zealand’s leading independent conservation organisation. Since 1923, we have been advocating and speaking out for nature on land and in our seas, and co-ordinating community-based projects throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
We need a switched on and organised HR Administrator to support our HR Advisor during a busy project period.
Reporting to our HR Advisor, you will be responsible for providing quality and consistent HR administration and support as well as contributing to the development of HR policies and practices that will build an employee-orientated high-performance culture.
Key activities you will be working on include assisting with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of our health and safety programme of work (approximately 50% of the role), maintaining our HR records and intranet site, and coordinating the recruitment and onboarding processes. There will also be opportunities to demonstrate your ability to compile data to monitor our existing HR processes.
Your success in this position will enable our HR Advisor to focus on and deliver several key organisation-wide HR projects.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week for six-months and will be based at our Wellington Office.
To be successful in the role you will need the following:
• Either an HR related tertiary qualification supported by a minimum of one year’s practical experience in an HR role OR (if you don’t hold an HR qualification), a minimum of three year’s practical experience in an HR specific role;
• Understanding of the NZ employment related legislative framework and how to apply this within a busy and diverse workplace;
• Strong working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015;
• Ability to deal with confidential issues in a discreet and professional manner;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Structured process-orientated thinking skills;
• Positive interpersonal skills so you can effectively relate to all your new colleagues;
• Numerical skills – you will need to exercise these in Excel-based reports;
• Experience with IMS Payroll and Vault GRC H&S Database would be advantageous!
Working at Forest & Bird gives you the chance to work for New Zealand’s nature.
645 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here