Full-Time Housing First Service Leader
Are you an amazing leader whose purpose in life is to bring out the best in others?
Do you believe in the inherent dignity of all people, and the human right to shelter and safety from harm? Are you up for a challenge?
Lifewise is a NGO on a mission to challenge social injustices with a vision towards ending homelessness. We need a dynamic leader with the energy, compassion, and discipline to inspire, challenge and uplift the teams who work with the day-to-day gritty, demanding and ultimately rewarding task of bringing this vision to life. We’re about turning lives around, not maintaining the status quo, and our work continues to grow.
This role offers a unique opportunity to lead a responsive, flexible and dynamic programme to meet the needs of people experiencing chronic homelessness in the Auckland City Centre while ensuring that the core Housing First Principles and the underpinning Kaupapa Maori values are upheld in all aspects of team practice.
Reporting to the Community Services Manager, the Housing First Service Leader will maintain oversight to ensure that participants achieve their goals, sustain their tenancies, whilst journeying towards recovery and independence in line with the programmes aims and objectives.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
• Ensure the workforce development and growth of the Housing First team: including coaching, mentoring and developing the Senior Practitioner roles in the importance of fidelity to the Housing First Model and management of front line staff
• Continuously developing and adapting the programme to meet the needs of people experiencing chronic homelessness
• Develop and maintain relationships with other organisations, including government, social services, social housing and community-led groups
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Strong leadership capabilities (min. of 5 years’ management experience) with the ability to empower and inspire staff as well as manage a diverse group with unique personalities and different cultural backgrounds
• Relevant qualification(s) and experience in social, clinical or community specialities (i.e. mental health, social work, AOD psychology, counselling,)
• Have significant experience in working alongside people with a range of health issues, including mental health issues, substance abuse and/or trauma
Housing First, Te Pou Tuatahi o Tamaki, is a collaborative programme providing rapid housing and wrap around supports for people experiencing chronic homelessness in the Auckland City Centre. It is also a movement dedicated to making chronic homelessness rare, brief and non-recurring. We create the space and develop relationships of trust that allow the homeless to learn that they can not only survive but thrive.
How to Apply
TO APPLY and VIEW THE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION, please follow this link:
Any queries, please email Peter Shimwell ([email protected])
123 total views, 13 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here