Full-Time Head of Pacific Network
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a
beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under
threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future.
We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable,
promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change. Now you
have the opportunity to join our diverse work team to help save our planet!
The Head of Pacific Net is Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s key campaigner in the
Pacific Islands region, responsible for: 1) ensuring high quality engagement with
stakeholders in Pacific Islands countries; 2) overseeing the development and
implementation of Greenpeace campaign initiatives; and 3) ensuring clear and
consistent public communications. The role involves fostering relationships,
organising activities and events, and building networks and coalitions. Key responsibilities include:
– Develop campaign strategies and lead on their delivery.
– Coordinate remote Greenpeace staff-members working across
communications, digital, actions, research and investigations etc.
– Provide research support, developing policy papers and briefings on issues
affecting the Pacific, and checking the factual accuracy of campaign
– Engage as appropriate with Pacific Island governments, inter-governmental
forums, networks, organisations and other relevant stakeholders, and manage
Greenpeace’s relationships with local and regional NGOs.
The Ideal Candidate
– To be successful in this role, you must possess a strong cultural and political
understanding of the Pacific Islands region. You will also have:
– The ability to build constructive, long-term relationships with both internal and
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience in campaigning, digital communications,
marketing, or other relevant activity, and an understanding of digital activism
and supporter development.
– Demonstrable experience in project management, planning and organising,
including the ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing
– Fluency in English, and preferably fluency in at least one other local language.
n.b. This role will be based in the Pacific Islands (there is some flexibility with exact
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers
employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance.
If that is not enough, you also will:
– Get to work with a group of highly-skilled and dedicated professionals;
– Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the
aims of the team;
– Take part in skillshares and training and other opportunities for professional
617 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here