Full-Time HEAD OF INVESTMENTS AND FINANCE
Te tūranga / The role
As Head of Investment and Finance, you will be reporting to the CEO, and as part of the leadership team, you are charged with delivering the organisation’s strategy. The role holds three core functions:
- Investment management, monitoring, and development working closely with the Board of trustees, its subcommittees and external advisors.
- Management of the finance function, including financial reporting, including disclosure requirements, management reporting, audit, budgeting, and tax.
- Leadership of a small but highly skilled Investment ad Finance team and monitoring the performance of external suppliers of service ie – the asset consultant and custodian.
Investment related functions will be a larger share of the role. You will be responsible for supporting the Board on good investment governance and ensuring internal investment operations are sound. This includes overseeing the review and adherence to SIPO (Statement of Investment Policies and Objectives), including overall portfolio strategic planning and asset allocation in conjunction with an external Asset Consultant.
Te tangata / The person
This is a unique opportunity for someone to oversee finance and a significant long term investment portfolio within an organisation that is held in high esteem within the communities it serves. The successful person will need to be astute with a high degree of emotional and intellectual intelligence.
You will have the following demonstrable characteristics:
- Kia Kotahi te hoe, ability to work as part of a team, paddling the waka together
- A natural humility
- Curiosity and an inquisitive nature: a desire to listen, learn and grow
- A desire to continually strive to do better• Resilience and focus
- Community minded with alignment to the values of the organisation
The ideal background is someone who blends finance experience with an understanding of investment management at an institutional level.
Alternatively, someone who has worked in financial institutions within finance, and has an interest in institutional investment management will be considered.
- 10+ years’ experience in the investment sector, or finance within a financial institution
- CA or CFA or similar qualification is desired• Demonstrable commercial and investment acumen
- A proven track record of strategic thinking• Prior experience developing and leading effective teams
- Delivery of finance as a business partner
We look forward to discussing this unique and exciting opportunity to advance your career and provide you with a way to make a meaningful contribution.
Please apply online or contact Claire Ellis at Convergence Partners for more information:
09 300 6792
291 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here