Full-Time Graphic Designer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a small, collaborative organisation doing international development work in the Pacific. The role reports to the Communications Manager but works with staff and managers across the organisation. As VSA’s Design Champion you will be in charge of design and layout of VSA’s print and web-based resources aligned with VSA’s brand identity.
– Designing all VSA’s marketing collateral including bi-annual Vista magazine and Year in Review
– Organising and maintaining VSA’s photographic library
– Selecting suitable photography, sized and manipulated to use within VSA’s collateral following VSA photography guidelines
– Helping others take a design – thinking approach to problem solving
– Guiding VSA’s visual brand and storytelling strategy.
– Collaborating with VSA’s internal teams, including fundraising and volunteer recruitment to produce design content
To be successful in this role you will need:
– Tertiary graphic design qualification and a strong portfolio; typography and photography skills and flair
– Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom) and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Creativity with the ability to be well organised and prioritise tasks
– Flexibility in handling routine and more complex tasks in a small organisation
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Accuracy and attention to detail
– Commitment to, and an understanding of, the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi along with awareness and appreciation of the value of different cultural perspectives
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
307 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here