Part-Time Glendene Community Hub Manager – Part time position 30 hours per week.
Location: Glendene Community Hub, 82 Hepburn Road, Glendene, Auckland 0602
Actively promote a culture of a thriving, caring and connected Glendene community by supporting local, meaningful projects that bring residents together through using the Glendene Community Hub facilities to build an even stronger sense of community pride and community ownership.
- Activation of the Glendene Community Hub through a range of community activities and private room hire
- Identification and engagement with communities, organisations and businesses across west Auckland, more specifically within the Henderson Massey and Whau Local Board areas, that enable a range of community led events and activations within the Hub and the Glendene community
- Grow and service the Glendene Community Society’s membership programme
- Contribute to building cohesive and connected resilient communities
- Experience in managing a facility or skills that align with this
- Ability to interact and communicate with all sectors of community including at a senior level (Glendene Society Board and Local Boards) which inspires confidence and trust
- Commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment and manage priorities in a timely fashion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A positive outlook, resilience and can-do attitude
- Understanding of the community development process and capacity building
- Experience in organising events, managing a programme budget, developing plans and following through to achieve goals
A full position description is available on request.
Closing date: Monday 15 August 2022
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have managing a facility or skills that align with this?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Community Development Coordinator?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
Application with CV and covering letter to the Glendene Community Society Secretary: [email protected]
208 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here