Full-Time General Manager People and Capability
• Lead and implement the People and Capability Strategy
• Effectively transition the workforce through a merger
About NZCU Baywide
NZCU Baywide is one of NZ’s largest credit unions and 100% Kiwi owned. We focus on helping everyday Kiwi’s achieve their financial goals through home loans, personal loans and everyday banking solutions.
Following the pending unification of NZCU South, NZCU Central, Aotearoa Credit Union and NZCU Baywide under one brand, NZCU Baywide will be New Zealand’s largest, strongest and most significantly resourced credit union. It will have around $560M in assets, serve 64,000 New Zealand member-owners and have over 250 staff.
To ensure the merger is a seamless and supported transition for our people and our members, we have a new opportunity for the pivotal role of General Manager People and Capability.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager People and Capability takes overall accountability for defining and delivering a strategy that will support the entire organisation and contribute to the realisation of its vision as a newly merged entity. This role will also lead the HR team, ensuring a continued focus on operational HR activities.
The GM People and Capability will develop a clear people strategy for the next 12 months and onwards. This will focus on achieving the following core outcomes:
• Leaders and employees are able to effectively transition, engage with the new vision and direction and continue to deliver excellence in service to our members
• Effective business partnering with the CEO and CEO Group, HR and leaders to ensure needs are understood and met
• Leaders are supported and enabled in change management with their teams
• Initial and regular needs analysis across the organisation to ensure the organisation is successfully aligned and supported
• Celebration and awareness of diversity (including a more multicultural workforce)
• Ensure that capability initiatives are in line with the overall strategies and business objectives
• Ensure that our people have the right resources to get the job done in the short and long term.
This is a highly collaborative role that will suit a pragmatic and experienced strategic thinker, who is competent and professional in all aspects of human resources.
You will have a proven track record as a successful leader in human resources and organisational development,including change management. You will be able to demonstrate the breadth and depth of your technical capability in organisations that have people as a core part of their strategy, building an engaged and high performing organisation, across a diverse workforce and multiple locations.
With a customer-centric mindset, you will have proven experience guiding leaders through choices that best suit business requirements. Your project management skills and understanding of organisational challenges will enable you to deliver a seamless transition, with effective governance and risk management.
From a personal perspective, you will have the confidence and credibility to respectfully challenge thinking, while being a strong business partner. You will also be able to travel to various locations being a visible and key part of the leadership team.
346 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here