Full-Time General Manager
Long standing Trust established by Sir Edmund Hilary in 1966.
Varied local responsibilities with international reach and travel
The Himalayan Trust is an international non-profit humanitarian organisation working to bring quality education, safe water, and better healthcare to remote communities in the Everest region of Nepal. It is registered with the Social Welfare Council in Nepal and with the Charities Commission in New Zealand. The General Manager reports to a Board elected by the Trust’s membership.
Sir Edmund Hillary founded the Himalayan Trust in the 1960s when he built the first school in the small village of Khumjung. Every year, Sir Edmund Hilary trekked in the areas of his aid work, evaluating what had been done, consulting with local people and planning for the future. For Sir Edmund Hilary, his work in the region was a labour of devotion, friendship and respect for the people of the Himalayas.
The Himalayan Trust follows in Sir Edmund Hilary’s footsteps, working in partnership with local people to build the resilience of remote communities and to strengthen the bond between the people of Nepal and the many New Zealanders who have given their time, money and support over the years.
Many of these early programs continue, and a new strategic plan establishes a renewed focus for the future. We are currently seeking a talented applicant to replace our long standing General Manager.
The key General Manager responsibilities include:
• Board reporting
• Leadership and management
• Support for the Himalayan Trust Nepal
• Strategic and Business Planning / Implementation
• Relationship management.
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant qualifications in business, education, health and or environmental
• Proven professional leadership experience in a NFP organisation with a
knowledge and understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals with an
emphasis on sustainable livelihoods.
• Experience in key areas of general management: strategy / business planning;
financial management; team management; communication/ marketing and
stakeholder relationship management.
• Good project management and evaluation experience and experience of applying
an appropriate results based management framework.
• Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and experience in gender
sensitive evaluation and analysis
• A visionary leader who inspires/motivates those around them and engenders trust
and confidence from all stakeholders.
• Politically astute and able to influence.
• An effective communicator which includes skills in the use of the internet and
• Able to build relationships and work effectively with a broad range of local /
• A knowledge and or strong interest in Nepal and its people coupled with genuine
commitment to the philosophy and work of the Himalayan Trust.
• Resilient, practical and open to innovative ideas
865 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here