Full-Time General Manager – 12 month fixed term
We are looking for a highly skilled, inspiring and insightful General Manager with strong management and ideally with clinical experience who brings inspirational leadership qualities to lead the Wellington Night Shelter for a fixed term period of 12 months.
WELLINGTON NIGHT SHELTER
The Wellington Night Shelter is a well-established Wellington based charity providing emergency overnight and transitional accommodation 24/7 for men experiencing homelessness. In 2017/18 more than 300 men accessed short term crisis accommodation, medium term transitional accommodation and/or housing support services from the Night Shelter.
The Wellington Night Shelter is governed by a Board of Trustees made of representatives from:
* Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington
* Presbyterian Support Central
* Salvation Army
* Vincent de Paul Society
* Wesley Community Action
* Wellington City Mission
Established in 1970 the Night Shelter has been consistent in the support and delivery of services to homeless men in Wellington. Recognising shifts in society’s beliefs, behaviours and commitments we now wish to take the opportunity to appoint a Senior Management Specialist to bring about positive change in how we function while we continue to support our guests in an ever-changing community.
* Drive the strategic and cultural change required to end homelessness in Wellington
* Provide inspirational leadership and people management to the Night Shelter team
* Lead a team of dedicated clinical and support staff to support identifying and
meeting the needs of clients of the night shelter
* Develop key partnerships with government stakeholders and NGO’s to promote the
interests of the Night Shelter
To oversee positive and effective change and efficient operational management of the Wellington Night Shelter in accordance with the Te Mahana strategy for ending homelessness.
* Manage the Wellington Night Shelter’s performance by applying strong business and
financial disciplines, including resource allocation, budgeting and cost management.
* Ensure the Night Shelter meets legislative requirements.
* Maintain a safe environment for our guests and employees.
* Apply effective communication and leadership strategies to engage employees and
enable them to work collaboratively to deliver positive outcomes for those
experiencing homelessness in Wellington.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
* Relevant formal qualifications and demonstrated experience managing, mentoring
and supporting care services/programs.
* Ideally demonstrated clinical experience and understanding of the complexities of
working with homelessness, and people with histories of trauma and drug and alcohol
* Demonstrated experience in bringing about positive change especially within a Not
for Profit organisation.
* Demonstrated experience in financial management and meeting budget requirements.
* Evidence of driving performance and delivery of positive results.
* Possess sound professional experience that shows a strong sense of personal
responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling professional and ethical behaviour.
* Practical understanding of key issues, strategies and best practice in social education
811 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here