Part-Time Gambling Case Worker
• Flexible part time position (20 hours per week)
• Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
• Based in Masterton
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in the community in New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whanau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As a Case Worker, you will work as part of a small regional team (Wellington/Hutt Valley/Wairarapa) and provide a range of intervention services, including Brief and Full intervention (including assessment), facilitation, follow up, group work and community interface for individuals and family/whanau experiencing gambling harm.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling, help to develop the local Oasis service, and work as part of a passionate team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
The position is part time for 20 hours per week (flexible work pattern).
• Strong clinical knowledge, with experience using both one to one and group clinical interventions, preferably within the gambling or addictions sector
• A qualified and registered health professional (e.g. Counsellor, AoD practitioner, Social Worker)
• A passion for providing and delivering a high level of customer service
• A collaborative approach
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
• A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 11 October 2020
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
403 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here