Part-Time Fundraising Officer
ChangeMakers Refugee Forum is a rights-based, non government organisation (NGO).
Our vision is New Zealanders from a refugee background participating fully in New Zealand life. We work towards that vision through community development, research, and advocacy.
We’re looking for a passionate and ambitious people-person to accelerate our grants and gifts programme to allow us to further the amazing work we do every day in vulnerable communities. The role will be for 15 flexible hours a week.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for working alongside the General Manager and the wider team in implementing the fundraising strategy for the organisation. This role will be part-time (15 hours per week) initially – working on growing the grants programme and doing the ground-work on the Major Gifts and Corporate Sponsorship programmes.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for:
• Generating and increasing income within the Trusts and Foundations revenue stream to support our services and projects;
• Coordinating the grants cycle, including researching appropriate funders, producing grant applications, record keeping, and fulfilling accountability requirements;
• Identifying, building, and maintaining relationships with current and potential funders for major gifts and corporate sponsorship;
• Developing accurate and relevant information to support funding proposals;
• Providing support where required in developing the annual fundraising plan.
Desirable Experience and Key Attributes
• A passion for the rights of people from refugee backgrounds;
• Experience in fundraising, writing grant proposals, sales, business development or similar (this includes excellent literacy and numeracy skills);
• Ability to work with and relate to a diverse range of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and of different ages and genders. The ideal candidate has a friendly and professional manner in dealing with people;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• A strong level of IT competency is required for this role;
• Organisational, time management and people skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of the ChangeMakers Refugee
ChangeMakers Refugee Forum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. People from a refugee background are especially encouraged to apply.
1458 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here