Full-Time Fundraising & Appeals Specialist
Fundraising Appeals Specialist
Reporting to the Fundraising and Reputation Manager, and managing one part-time team member, you will drive the campaigns fundraising strategy, ensuring every opportunity is maximised, to meet financial and non-financial targets. Your work will ensure people who wish to support the Mission through making a donation as part of a campaign or regular giving receive excellent customer service and are encouraged to continue supporting the Mission.
- Growing Direct Mail income and the supporter base, through acquisition as well as segmentation of current supporter data, while testing new methods and channels. You will work with the Marketing and Communications Specialists to ensure Direct Mail communications are compelling
- Development of a gold-standard regular giving programme is a key part of the role to grow both income and the supporter base
- Creating an inviting programme that connects the Mission’s work with supporters
- Develop long-term supporters through good communication and engagement, and upgrade and conversion programmes
- Ensure the integrity of all supporter data, maintain a clean and current database
- Ensure supporter records are well maintained and that supporters feel appreciated for their donations
- Provide reports and updates to the Fundraising and Reputation Manager as required
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum four years’ experience in marketing, fundraising or a related field
- Experience developing content across multiple channels to connect with varying audiences
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to segment and manipulate data
- Confidence with numbers
- Experience working with a CRM & great customer service skills
- Experience working with external agencies & able to proof and edit content
- Excellent inter-personal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Can demonstrate a commitment to embodying the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in organisational practice.
- Empathy and understanding of issues of trauma, mental health, addiction, poverty and homelessness.
- Has an appreciation of the multi-cultural nature of both New Zealand and staff, volunteers and clients of the Auckland City Mission
- Possesses a willingness to advocate for (social justice), improved social conditions and a fair sharing of the community’s resources.
Why work for us?
- Supportive team environment and ongoing training
- Contribute to changing lives in our community
- Culturally diverse and inclusive workplace
If this is of interest to you we would love to hear from you. Please send a covering letter and current CV.* Please note the Auckland City Mission’s policy is for all employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination including all COVID-19 booster vaccinations as evidenced by your My Vaccination Record.
130 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here