Full-Time Executive Officer
CPAG: The Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) is an independent registered charity founded in 1994 to provide evidence-based research about the causes and effects of poverty and inform the public, policymakers, media and politicians of the policy changes needed to reduce child poverty.
Job Description: The Executive Officer is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of CPAG. This is a pivotal position supporting the Management Committee and its various administrative subcommittees, and the Research Committee which drives the work of CPAG. Areas of responsibility include:
- Strategy: Developing and implementing the Strategic Plan with the Management Committee.
- Communications: Ensuring the professional quality of all CPAG public material
- Campaigns, Collaborations and Events: Project management of CPAG’s events, campaigns and engagement in collaborative initiatives.
- Representation: Presenting on behalf of CPAG in public and government forums
- Coordination and Facilitation: Managing the efficient functioning of CPAG’s internal structure and fielding external enquiries.
- Fundraising: Developing and implementing the fundraising strategy with the Fundraising Subcommittee. Engaging with major donors.
- Administration and Finance: Oversee all aspects of contribution management and associated IT systems with the Treasurer and Accounts Assistant.
- Leadership and Human Resources: Manage the small team of staff and oversee human resource actions with the Human Resources Subcommittee
- A university degree in the social sciences
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible and relevant work experience
- Experience working with the not-for-profit sector is desirable
- An understanding of, and commitment to, honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A strong commitment to addressing child poverty in Aotearoa – New Zealand.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and problem-solve with the ability to facilitate efficient organisational functioning.
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external material and audiences
- Effective team leadership, supervision, and management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experienced in administrative and office management
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and standard office applications.
Submit your CV and covering letter, or any queries to [email protected] by May 18th, 2022.
494 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here