Part-Time Elder Abuse Response Service Advisor
This is a role to deliver the Elder Abuse Response Service (EARS) in the Marlborough district, under management by Age Concern Nelson Tasman.
Age Concern is a charitable organisation dedicated solely to people over 65 and offers a broad range of supportive services to older people living in the community. We are focused on enabling, empowering and promoting independence so people can remain active members of their community for as long as possible.
The EARS role will be based in Blenheim and cover all of Marlborough from Picton to Ward. The position will be for 18 hours a week (days and hours are flexible) and is largely autonomous.
The role is a diverse one that encompasses case management, elder abuse awareness raising and working in conjunction with key stakeholder agencies in the district. It requires collaboration and communication, building excellent relationships and keeping accurate and timely records.
The successful applicant is very likely to have a professional background in nursing or social work with an associated degree and a working knowledge of referral pathways. A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for Maori health is essential. You will also have:
• Knowledge of current issues relating to preventing elder abuse and neglect
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others and to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to organise and manage a case load effectively and to work independently
• Proven ability to provide training and awareness raising information in community settings
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Computer literacy especially in file management, report provision and digital communication
• A current driver’s licence
650 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here