We’re hiring a part-time developer!
Do you want to use your tech skills to help drive progressive political change?
Are you hungry to work with a small, fast-moving, outcome-focused team to help harness the power of the crowd for good?
If so, this is for you!
ActionStation is an independent, community-powered, not-for-profit campaigning organisation that works for economic fairness, a thriving environment, whānau and children’s wellbeing, a vibrant democracy, and an Aotearoa that truly honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Since we launched before the 2014 election, we’ve been launching high-impact, tech-savvy, rapid-response campaigns to help hundreds of thousands of people across New Zealand come together to drive progressive political change.
We’re looking for a part-time developer to join our small team, and help us leverage technology for positive change.
– Work with campaigners to design and build technology solutions that help ActionStation achieve maximum impact
– Develop and maintain web software that spans the entire stack, including interactive UIs backend APIs, database design and cloud-based deployment
– Help staff get the most out of off-the-shelf digital tools by developing custom integrations, consuming APIs and automation
– Collaborate with developers from an international network of like-minded organisations for support, to learn about new innovations, and to contribute to shared tools and technology
Required skills and experience:
– You’re comfortable working with relational databases
– You’re a good communicator and happy to translate technical ideas to non-technical folk
– You’re organised, outcome focussed and pragmatic
Location: Auckland or Wellington, with some opportunities to travel.
Hours: 20 hours per week. The job is often driven by a campaign cycle, so there are times that involve long hours and times that don’t. Our culture recognises both the needs of campaigns and the need for rest and for our staff to have a life.
Salary: $38,000 – $42,000p.a depending on experience
Reporting to the Director, the position will start in June 2019
988 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here