Contract Customer Acquisition Specialist
Thankyou Payroll (TYP) is a social enterprise providing cloud based payroll intermediary services throughout New Zealand. In 8 years, Thankyou Payroll has experienced rapid growth through word of mouth, reputation and with barely any paid advertising. IRD is making legislative changes that will likely see 50-60,000 employers looking for services like ours and we want to make sure Thankyou Payroll is well placed to compete in this growing market.
This position will help small and medium Kiwi business owners, who will be directly affected by the IRD legislative changes, to provide an optimal solution to their payroll and compliance obligations. Thankyou Payroll is already the preferred payroll service provider for over 6000 kiwi organisations and businesses and we want your help to grow that number.
You will enjoy communicating with people from all over the country in many different industries. Understanding the challenges that come with running a small business will help you communicate the benefits of Thankyou Payrolls product. From initial contact through to processing their first payroll in TYPs system, you will make their journey seamless and delightful. As well as a great phone manner you will come with a proactive and positive disposition. As an important part of the sales and marketing team you will also work closely with the client happiness team (Helpdesk), making sure the handover and ongoing management of new customers is top notch.
You’ll also be excited about social enterprise. TYP is a values driven business with a focus on the community and environmental business responsibility. Plus, you like dogs (we have office dogs). You’ll be familiar with web technology and it would be desirable (but not essential) if you had some understanding of payroll and New Zealand employment legislation.
This role is a 12 month contract for 37.5 hours per week with a salary range of 50,000-60,000 depending on demonstrated experience. Base salary only with generous employment contract and employee policies.
TYP employees, TYP customers, partner organisations (accountants and bookkeepers), community members, IRD employees and other external stakeholders.
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Manager
– Take the lead on all inbound sales calls.
– Make contact with all new inbound customers via email and telephone.
– Walk new customers through the initial sign up and account creation process.
– Make sure all new customer accounts are complete before handing them over to the
customer happiness team.
– Maintain and update the CRM.
– Work with the marketing team to generate ongoing outbound sales leads by focusing
our target market.
– Keep all customer engagement up to date in our CRM.
– Experience in phone based selling.
– Knowledge of the sales cycle.
– Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
– An understanding of NZ payroll would be helpful but not deal breaker
– Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
– Enjoyment of and enthusiasm for working with people
– A commitment to the values of the organisation and the social enterprise kaupapa
1889 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here